OMG these look sooo delicious! I so just wanna eat chocolate right now. These are a little bit different for Easter but it still has chocolate cause seriously who does not eat chocolate on Easter? :) the recipe: Chocolate chip cupcakes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
3 and 1/4 cups cake flour
1 and 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 and 3/4 sticks (14 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 and 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
5 egg whites, at room temperature
2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
For the frosting:
12 tablespoons (1 and 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 and 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1. For the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line your cupcake pan with the liners of your choice.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing until combined.
4. In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
5. Reduce the mixer speed to low.
6. In a small bowl, combine the milk and vanilla, mixing well.
7. Beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, alternately add the flour and milk mixtures to the butter mixture.
8. In a separate bowl using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
9. Gently fold the egg whites into the cupcake batter, mixing until combined.
10. Add the chocolate chips to the batter.
11. Divide the batter evenly among your cupcake liners and bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-22 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
12. For the frosting: In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar, mixing well until light and fluffy.